Monday, February 05, 2007

YIPPEE!!





Oh I am soo sooo happy! LOL ... After literally WEEKS of fighting with issues in regards to my internet and wireless connections it appears to finally be fixed! I am totally thrilled! For a long time now my connections kept dropping me off, so I bought all new cables ... that did not work, I took the laptop to the computer shop ... nothing wrong with it, so I took the wireless router to the computer shop ... first one was no good ... second one is fine they say. SO ... home I go ... set it all back up ... (a MAJOR accomplishment with three computers and six printers and all the gadgets that go with them!) .... got online ... looking good ... and BOOM ... gone again!!! Next step ... buy ANOTHER wireless router ... same issues ... bumping me in and out ... FRUSTRATION!!! Okay ... I am not a happy camper at this point and break down and get in a computer tech to the house this morning. He works on everything for two hours ... hands me the bill ... all is well! Am excited again! NOT!!! Works for about three hours ... take the laptop upstairs wirelessly ... and GONE!!! ARGGHHHH!!! Technology is only nice when it works!! Next step .. buy ANOTHER router!! Different brand this time and set it all up AGAIN!!! And .............. so far so good! LOL I am working from the laptop upstairs ... son Shane is on his from the sofa ... LIFE IS GOOD! LOL

On another note I am sending out a major announcement in regards to my business tonight and sure do hope it goes well. I am making some pretty big changes to it but it has become so necessary. I need to have a life again ... and I really really really want to be able to be creative again. I miss my stamping!

I am trying to get son Shane to take a pic of one of my darling babies! Dascha is a Shi Tzu and is so much our baby! She is about 8 years old, and our other sweetie is Mitzi who is only two and is Dascha's daughter. Dascha had a hair cut today and looks so totally adorable! My daughter in law Deb is learning grooming at the local pet shop and wanted to practice. She did a great job! Dashca on the other hand is NOT too pleased! LOL She always pouts for days after a haircut! LOL Anyhow ... I am going to post a pic here if I can get Shane to get his camera in gear. I am just too tired to go back downstairs and get mine! LOL Okay ... photo taken and uploaded. The front one is Dascha and the little devil dog in the back is our Mitzy! Dont they just look adorable??! LOL

Okay... back to work ... nite all ..
big hugs
Alanna

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope you got your internet issues solved now....how very frustrating!!

*HUGS*

QuiltNut Creations said...

they are soooo cute!

Alanna E. Campbell said...

Hi Christine ...yup ... they seem to be ... finally! LOL .. now .. if only I could learn HTML fast enough to solve issues with the website! LOL

Hugs
Alanna

Anonymous said...

Oh what cute Shih Tzu's. Our Shih Tzu is almost 16. Maxwell has been such a joy. Glad to see other enjoying their furbabies

Shelly N.

Alanna E. Campbell said...

Hi Shelly N. Thankyou for posting! And yes ... they certainly are a treasure aren't they? We often worry about how we will ever manage without them if something should happen. Okay .. don't want to go there! !LOL
Anyhow ... give your Maxwell a hug! LOL
Hugs
Alanna

bcgal00 Rae said...

Cute doggies you have. May I ask what router you finally had luck with? We are having lots of problems with ours, a Linksys, and really don't have a clue what other one to get.

Alanna E. Campbell said...

Rae; the router I have not is an Edimax and it is doing awesome!Not a bad price either at about $70 CAN. I hope you find something that works for you! I know that my tech told me the D-Links have had LOTS of trouble ... about 50% of them he has to send back due to a fault in them! Pretty high in my books! So .. good luck girl and thanks for checking in!
Hugs
Alanna

Alanna E. Campbell said...

okay .. my apologies ... that last posting did not make much sense! LOL .. I meant that I DO have an Edimax Router NOW and I love it! Good grief ... not sure what I was doing! LOL
Hugs
Alanna