Friday, February 09, 2007

Night Train ~ Can you help me with this one?

Okay. .. I got this far and now I am stumped! LOL Any ideas anyone? I am not sure if I should do something more with it? Or? ... maybe not ... this is a new train image I have been working with ... have actually made the stamp and this is the result of how it comes up ... not too bad! Of course you know ... I wont post it anyhow if I don't like it! LOL .. You would just never see it! *grin*
The background is made up of four pieces of paper background papers using different techniques. The cork of course for two layers, and then the green (yes that second layer on the bottom is SUPPOSED to be GREEN) is using a shaving cream technique, and the blue 'sky' at the top is using alchohol inks. I stamped the train onto clear transparency using a Stewart Superior black Pallette ink and attached it with four pale green brads. I was really pleased with it and thought it kind of depicts a Night Train. Anyhow ... help! LOL .. Any ideas?
Hugs
Alanna

11 comments:

K said...

Love the image! Great image to use for a masculine-theme card!

Alanna E. Campbell said...

Thanks Kel ... I think it has some potential for masculine cards alright!
hugs
Alanna

Anonymous said...

Maybe try stamping it on vellum, to play down the contrast between the background and the image. But I also love this one! Gotta play now!
Cindy :)

Anonymous said...

I really love that train Alanna... now I am going to have to make yet another purchase, aren't I? ;)

The one thing I would consider though, is to make a stamp of tracks to be ahead of and at the end of the train.. so it looks like the train is going somewhere.. or maybe a trellised (sp?) bridge for the train to go over.. you know, the big tall bridges that span across a small canyon and in the old days were like latticed logs. I really do need to find out the correct term for it.. see ya!

Alanna E. Campbell said...

Kewl ideas ... all of you! LOL ... will have to see what I can come up with ... hmmm ... the joys of being able to MAKE ANY STAMP you want! LOL
Big hugs
Alanna
PS ... thanks girls!

Anonymous said...

I like it as it is -It reminds me of my Dad, whose hobbie was building and rebuilding HO Gauge Trains - cars from kits that he remodeled to resemble the real cars. He even remodeled a beautiful brass engine because it wasn't an exact replica of the original.
This will make a wonderful man's birthday card or a travel card for anyone.

Anonymous said...

I love this train too. I'm glad you shared this card with us.
Stephanie

Jacquie S said...

That looks very cool, Alanna!

Creative Tara said...

very cool image, Alanna! I've found trains hard to find (apart from the kiddish 'choo choo train' variety)! I love the idea someone posted about having train tracks as a seperate image, too... could open up some possibilities for the 'scenic' stampers out there!

Anonymous said...

What a very cool idea. I LOVE it.
Candy Norman

Anonymous said...

Luv the train
Luv the night sky
Luv the use of cork
A bit bothered that the rear end of train ends abruptly...maaybe place train coming off the left edge of the page.

liz