Thursday, August 23, 2007

i'm baaaaccckkkkk!




Well ... here I am. After being away from my blog for a long long time I am hoping I will now have time to keep it up again. I have been pushing myself óutside' of my comfort zone and trying to have some fun creating again. Creating stamps is just not the same as creating a piece of artwork, be it a card, an ATC or whatever. I have always enjoyed using many mediums and sometimes think I am a mixed media or collage artist at heart! LOL So ... here are a few pages I have done in a 'journal' of sorts that I started. I bought a cheap hardcovered book and have started doodling and stamping and painting and embellishing pages. Not sure if it really means much ... LOL ... but I am enjoying it!

The page on the left was created using watercolour techniques along with stamping and just exploring what I can find for images out of the watercolours and drawing them.

The second page is again stamped but I smeared (literally) my ink pads across the pages first. It might be hard to see but the center piece is actually a piece of a napkin I had under my stamping that day that I just glued on. I then added REAL DRAGONFLY WINGS over the stamped wings on the dragonfly and covered them with a clear product to preserve them. And NO I did not murder the dragonflies for their wings! LOL They were actually pulled from the grill of my truck! *Grin* Okay ... so I guess maybe I did kill them! LOL ... but not on purpose!

The third page is a mishmash of images, stamped, painted, collaged. Not really sure I am happy with this one ... but live and learn.

Hugs
Alanna

6 comments:

Julie R said...

Lovely cards. Thanks so much for sharing and glad that you are back.

K said...

beautiful pages!!! great designs and great colours!

Anonymous said...

I need to get much more creative with my cards like you do Alanna!!

Alanna E. Campbell said...

ah Christine ... I just like to play! No ... that is a lie ... I LOVE to play! LOL ... and I am trying very hard to make a little time for myself in the last little while in order to survive!
I am finding that I am burning out and am so exhausted. Fibro catches me and I have trouble functioning.
But alas ... I am happy! LOL
Hugs
Alanna
PS ... don't be afraid to play ... the worst that can happen is you ruin a piece of paper ...and how terrible is that? *grin*

Gayle Page-Robak said...

These 3 are my favorites, Alanna...love everything about them...beautiful work. Hugs, Gayle.

Debby said...

Again I love the doodles. They are all super!