Saturday, February 17, 2007

Creative Block ...

You know ... this is something i can usually fight through ... but right now i just seem to be struggling with a complete creative block. I have heard others talk about their "muse" ... hmmmm ... I am not Á- Mused! Okay ... stupid joke! Anyhow ... As much as i wanted to do some creative work in the line of cards and scrapbooking this weekend, so far I have achieved nothing. I know I am not the only person who struggles with this ... so tell me ... how do YOU get past it? Post here to let me know ... any help is appreciated! Do you find that when 'other' things are stressful in your life you create more? or less? For me it seems I create less when I am stressed out. I do have a TON of magazines and will pull them out for inspiration, and I have videos and DVD's ... and sometimes watch them ... but right now it is just not working. I started creating Card Maps as I call them for my yahoo group and I do find that helps somewhat. It challenges me to create something because of course ... if I expect my girls to use it ... I had best do it first right? LOL Okay ... so share with me ... what do YOU do to get past a block?
Hugs
Alanna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think sometimes we are just on overload in our lives and just need a break from everthing. Call is a recharge time. When your mind and body are ready all your creative juices will come tumbling back.

I know for me that after the stress of the last year I just have no drive to stamp or scrap. I just need some downtime on everything. My mind just doesn't want to work when it comes to creativity these days but I know one day it will come back.

Once in awhile I see something that gets me going again and I run with it. example the recipe swap.

Can't wait to get that back by the way. Goes to show you though you never know what will get you going again.

hugs
Beth

Alanna E. Campbell said...

Thanks Beth! I think you are right. For alot of people this past year was a tough one and maybe that is just what we all need ... more downtime. I feel so overwhelmed sometimes ... but I think I might be getting past it now ... feel really good tonight, and am looking forward to a movie with hubby (while I work no less! Am scanning a ton of vintage images I found and want to work with!), and then a good sleep. Work in the morning and so much to do! LOL
Thanks again for the encouragment!
big hugs
Alanna

Anonymous said...

the fact that you are looking at images and really wanting to work with them tells me your creativity is still all there. It just stalled abit.

Beth